Software Business Analyst II
Director, Product Management
Full Time, Salaried
Fivos provides technology and services for the healthcare industry to manage clinical information and utilize it to improve the quality of patient care and reduce costs. Powered by our advanced technological infrastructure and years of experience working in a regulatory environment, Fivos is the leader in enterprise healthcare management solutions.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented Business Analyst to join our growing team. The Business Analyst will participate in information gathering, study, design, implementation, coordination and tracking of technology projects for Fivos. This individual will work as the liaison with our business-side users and the technology teams to ensure quality of systems are met, will possess a thorough understanding of the products’ features, functionality, and capabilities, will provide complex analysis services, and will translate user needs into detailed specifications to allow the engineering team to deliver an appropriate solution.
Is this a good fit for you?
For you to be successful in this role, you should be:
You should also shine in these areas:
- Analytical. You have a strong understanding of relational databases and can determine data-driven solutions to complex business problems.
- Dynamic. You are able to juggle multiple competing priorities and use logical time and project management to balance objectives.
- Collaborative. You are extremely self-sufficient, yet also value different perspectives and high levels of communication and collaboration.
- Accountable. You do what you say and say what you do. You do not miss details and you deliver top-level results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical skills. You understand software development and are comfortable collaborating with developers, testers, and data analysts. You are capable of understanding technical details and limitations of the product.
- Business skills. You can properly interpret and translate customer business needs into functional specifications.
- Data skills. You have experience with databases and visualization tools. Preferably, experience with healthcare and/or research data.
- Communication skills. You can effectively communicate with a variety of different people in various positions across different organizations. You exhibit a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Work directly with various teams, both internal and external, to understand end user needs and translate product requirements into functional specifications.
- Clarify primary purposes of future products in functional specifications. Define key product metrics such as acquisition strategy, value proposition, and basic product KPIs.
- Work with internal tools to create mockups and update registry metadata for revisions.
- Validate requirements and assure compliance of development outcomes with a customer’s business goals.
- Manage the backlog, translate product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics with user stories and acceptance criteria, perform acceptance testing, and validate results with stakeholders through reviews and demos.
- Work with a Senior Product Manager to standardize the software development process and ensure all stakeholder requirements are met.
- Create documentation on the existing system and maintain documentation which includes current state of system flow, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Work effectively in a matrix environment to drive collaboration and results with multiple teams.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects at once in a cross-functional role while ensuring delivery of planned initiatives on time with quality.
- Support leadership with analysis for decision making as needed, and quickly adjust and support changing priorities per business needs.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, IT, Information Systems, Biostatistics, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Working knowledge of clinical data collection, knowledge of clinical registries preferred.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Computer literacy, and Excel and Google Sheets wizardry.
- Experience with SQL queries and relational databases.
- Experience with or ability to learn JSON statement syntax.
- Experience with enterprise SaaS products/platforms.
- Experience with issue and project tracking software such as JIRA.
- Experience with a variety of development methodologies, including Kanban.
- Ability to grasp technical understanding of a project quickly, see the big picture and drive the project to completion.
- Strong research, analytical, and troubleshooting skills, and ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Understanding of good user interface design and user experience principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to cater your responses to your different audiences (technical and non-technical); deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations; communicate and follow up continuously.
- Strong interpersonal skills: comfortable working with a wide range of personalities in different levels; and ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with supporting internal and external customers, and ability to manage expectations with different stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions while keeping management informed.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work.
- Very organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm for driving success. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, and multi-task across many assignments.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
FIVOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 401K and Company match
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee life insurance
- Disability insurance